40 Days After, Atiku Abubakar's son, Mohammed, Recovers From Coronavirus

One of the son’s of Atiku Abubakar, Mohammed, has recovered from COVID-19 after testing negative twice for the novel virus.

Atiku had his confirmatory negative test result released and said he will be discharged from the Abuja Isolation center soon.

”I have just received my second consecutive negative result,” Mr Atiku-Abubakar told PREMIUM TIMES Monday afternoon. “My discharge is currently being processed, and I hope to be home this evening.”

Mr Atiku-Abubakar was first confirmed to have contracted the virus on March 19 and was subsequently transferred to an isolation centre on the outskirts of the Nigerian capital, Abuja.

The 31-year-old, however, failed to test negative for the virus until yesterday, a 40-day ordeal that experts said could be amongst the longest ever recorded in the country since the first infection was confirmed in Lagos February 27. Although some scientists estimated the virus could last as long as 37 days in a human’s body.

Read Also  Employer Breaks The Head Of A 9-Year-Old Girl For Pouring Baby's Milk
Author

Ukamaka Doris, a graduate of Mass Communication, from Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka has a flair in writing and news reporting which led her into blogging. Previously, Ukamaka Doris has worked as an editor at primepost.ng and presenter at Unizik FM, 94.1, Awka. Ukamaka Doris can be contacted via phone call at 08167016206

Write A Comment

Pin It