Nigerian Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has debunked some claims, which said that one of the Chinese doctors who arrived the country to help in the fight against Coronavirus, tested positive for the virus. 

The Minister, while speaking at the Presidential Task Force (PTF) daily briefing today, April 15, insisted that no such thing has occurred and there is no report of members of the National Assembly sharing a N700 million fund, urging Nigerians to discard reports which is not from the daily briefings or the website of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).

He said; 

“Whether members of the National Assembly are sharing N700 million, like I said, just as we are trying to fight and contain Coronavirus, a lot of energy is also being expended in fighting fake news.

“To the best of my knowledge, I’m not aware that any such money has been given to members of the National Assembly, but I know that fake news is not abating.

“This morning, there was a message that went viral, to the effect that one of the Chinese doctors tested positive and that news was supposed to have emanated from the Twitter handle of the federal government. I want to say, to the best of our knowledge here, there’s no such thing.

“I’ve also just received two hate dramas and other fake news while I was sitting here, which I’ve been unable to open. But we will continue always to debunk fake news and we’ll try our best to timely give you information about the COVID-19, either through our daily press briefings or through the website of the NCDC and the task force”

Read Also  Chinese Medical Team Who Arrived Nigeria To Go On 14 Days Isolation
Author

Ukamaka Doris, a graduate of Mass Communication, from Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka has a flair in writing and news reporting which led her into blogging. Previously, Ukamaka Doris has worked as an editor at primepost.ng and presenter at Unizik FM, 94.1, Awka. Ukamaka Doris can be contacted via phone call at 08167016206

Pin It